Spiritual Benefits of Fasting:
There are a myriad of benefits and blessings in fasting and prayer. But the following includes some of them:
- Fasting with prayer draws us into the Presence of God.
- Increases our faith!
- Sets the oppressed free.
- Takes our focus off the temporal and places it on the eternal (the things of God).
- Brings healing.
- Brings revival to our hearts.
- Brings a release of God's grace in our lives.
- Increases our sensitivity to God, to hear His voice more clearly.
- Gives us spiritual strength and stamina.
- Your light will shine.
- Is honored by God when done to please Him.
Isaiah 58 mentions benefits of fasting, when added to obedience to God:
- God will satisfy your needs even in a sun-scorched land!
- The Lord will strengthen your frame.
- You will increase in fruitfulness!
- He will meet your needs.
- Your healing will quickly appear.
- Your light will shine! It will break forth like the dawn.
- When you call, the LORD will answer!
- When you cry out for help, He will say, "Here I am."
- Your light will rise in the darkness!
- Your night will become like the noonday.
- Loose the chains of injustice and sets the oppressed free.
- The LORD will guide you always!
Each person who makes a difference mightily for God is backed by three praying friends, maybe four, possibly five. Mother Theresa was as well. Who can we be a friend with
and back with prayer?
Jesus Christ is the only way
to life and peace!
Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not easily broken. Ecclesiastes 4:12
Copyright 2007-2022. Ignite Cord of 3.