Spiritual Benefits of Fasting:
This list is not complete but covers some of the benefits of fasting. Stepping up with God in fasting with prayer brings a blessing in our lives. Many people give testimony to these benefits:
- It is a step into greater obedience of God and it is a means of receiving God's grace.
- It draws us closer to God.
- Breaks down roots of bitterness that keep us in bondage and give the devil a place in our lives.
- Gives us discipline in other areas of our lives as well. Most people find as they submit to God in this are, it becomes easier to obey God in the other areas of our life. Strongholds are broken through it.
- Breaks strongholds in the lives of those we fast and pray for. Some people have shared that since fasting with prayer a day each week, they have seen God work more than ever before! Praise God!
- God rewards you for it, as you do it for Him and not for approval of others (Matthew 6).
- It increases God's power in our lives, and brings a softer heart toward God.
- Can aid in freeing us from bondage, even pornography. There are testimonies of people who have tried many things and did not overcome their addictions without adding fasting with prayer.
- It makes us more attune to the Holy Spirit's leading, allowing us to make wiser decisions which result in blessing long term.
- It typically increases compassion and God's heart for others.
- It softens our heart toward God's will.
- Many people choose to fast also before making important decisions. Some of these people have made the opposite decision from what they planned, after fasting. And it turned out to be by far the better decision in the end. Praise God!
- Jesus fasted before He began His public ministry of healing and preaching.
- It leads to a humbleness of heart which God can work through to help others.
- God tends to respond to people who prayer and fast. A manifest Presence of God comes with humility in prayer and fasting. And that is what we want in our nation, schools, churches, families and our own lives!
- Regular fasting with prayer brings a discipline in our lives that transfers to other areas. It brings a grace of God that is powerful and a blessing.
- Jesus said that the Father rewards you for these acts of righteousness: prayer, fasting and giving to the need. There is a reward that comes straight from the Father to you as you do it.
- Some people notice the reward or answer come during the fasting and prayer time.
- Some people notice the reward or answer come from God after. But there is an increased grace of God in our lives as we do it regularly.
- Some believers share the testimony that every time God has called them (to ministry/service), was during a time of prayer and fasting.
- Some give testimony that as soon as they begin fasting, they hear God's voice better.
- Fasting with prayer opens doors through God's power, and in many families, has brought reconciliation, peace and the power of God that was needed.
- It also is a way of standing in the gap on behalf of our nation.
Each person who makes a difference mightily for God is backed by three praying friends, maybe four, possibly five. Mother Theresa was as well. Who can we be a friend with
and back with prayer?
Jesus Christ is the only way
to life and peace!
Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not easily broken. Ecclesiastes 4:12
Copyright 2007-2022. Ignite Cord of 3.