While there are many ways this can be done, here are a few favorites:
- Call each other at a regular, planned time to pray together (over the phone or in person) and to keep each other accountable and encouraged in fasting.
- To remember the time, program an alarm on your cell phone to beep you a few minutes before your prayer time.
- Put sticky notes on your most visited places: ie. refrigerator door, microwave, coffee pot, bathroom mirror, alarm clock or phone... These are good places for a note that reminds us to fast as well. Some people put a note on the food they normally eat for breakfast to remind them to fast.
- Write it on your calendar for each Monday of the month.
- Call each other to remind each other the night before or early on Monday.
- In time it becomes a habit and much easier to remember.
- If you have the time or are able, plan to meet weekly at a preplanned place. You could also decide to meet together in person one Monday a month while the other three Mondays you pray together over the phone, etc. (ie. two Mondays in person with the other two Mondays by phone; meet in person one Monday every 2 months with the other Mondays by phone...) The list of possibilities is endless. Pray and ask God to lay on your heart what would be best for your "Cord of 3" and see what works.
- Email each other Sunday or Monday morning with a reminder and/or personal prayer request.
- Make a quick phone call Sunday or Monday morning to remind each other.
- Ask God to remind you! And seek God to lay on your heart ideas for the time and ways to keep each other accountable. If you try one way and it doesn't seem to work well, try another. Be creative and ask God to lead you.
- Plan extra time to pray. Use this day as a day of commitment to the Lord both to renew your commitment to Him as your First Priority for the week as well as to seek His leading. And you will be blessed!
What to pray for
Each person who makes a difference mightily for God is backed by three praying friends, maybe four, possibly five. Mother Theresa was as well. Who can we be a friend with
and back with prayer?
Jesus Christ is the only way
to life and peace!
Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not easily broken. Ecclesiastes 4:12
Copyright 2007-2022. Ignite Cord of 3.